The school aids the students in finding the path towards success and professionalism. As a result, their works can be seen all over the world.
Naming a few and their ground-breaking projects that led to a positive change in the society:
1. ASHISH SONI (Batch 1991- 1996) Principal of FTL Design Engineering, Studio, New York.
– Canopy over outdoor waiting area at Rosa Parks Transit centre, Detroit. Urban plaza with skin as water collector designed by FTL Design Engineering Studio.
2. SHEETAL RAKHEJA (Batch 1993- 1998) Managing Director, Design & Development India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi.
– Shunya, a model home created on the concept of zero waste, zero water and zero energy. Redundant cargo containers and other waste materials been transformed in to India’s first working model of a zero energy home.
– Green Boulevard, Noida, one of World’s ten Largest Platinum rated LEED certified Green Buildings from USGBC in the Core & Shell category.
3. SUMEET SACHDEV (Batch 1994- 1999), Television actor and filmmaker.
– ‘Rehmaan Sahab ko phone karna hai’, a short film by Sumeet Sachdev that has been screened at nine film festivals and won three awards including the jury mention award at the International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala.
4. PRYAS GUPTA (Batch 1995- 2000), Creative Director and filmmaker.
– Siddharth, The Prisoner’, a feature film produced and directed by Pryas Gupta. The film won jury Grand Prize at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards held in Gold Coast, Australia.
5. ADITYA KUMAR (Batch 1995- 2000), Deputy Director, NGO, Community Organisation Resource Center (CORC), Former Head of Design and Planning unit, United Nations Relief and Works Agency.
– The reconstruction of Nahr El Bared Palestinian Refugee Camp, Lebanon
– Upgrading of informal settlement Mashiniwami, SASDI alliance, Cape Town, South Africa.
6. SUSHANT VERMA (Batch 2005- 2010), Architect at Zaha Hadid Architects, London, UK and co-founder and researcher at Research in Architecture & Technology, London.
As an alumnus, the most important part of becoming an architect at SAA was the manner in which the institution moulded and helped us in our personal and intellectual growth. From learning how to draw a straight line on paper to a dream of designing an actual building, this institute provided us the perfect infrastructure for the dream run. More than the culture, the teachers at this institute were a mixture of young and experienced architects, giving us a dual perspective learning at the same time.
– SANCHIT ARORA
I believe design cannot be taught, but under the guidance of eminent professors at SAA, one can always push boundaries and explore new dimensions. Each day has been a new learning experience for me; whether in studios, field tours or during campus activities, from seniors or from juniors. From a naive designer to an architect, the years in Sushant have moulded me into a responsible citizen and I am working towards building a better environment.
– ANANYA VIJ
SSAA has been and will always be an integral part of my life in constructing and shaping my professional career. I will always carry the teaching provided to us on the first day of the university An architect is a Jack of all traits, master of none ".
It has been an impeccable journey of five years of skill development with the kind of resources, workshops, seminars provided along with the lectures and personal guidance by the professors. Taking part in campus development during the fests is not less than seeing your project getting completed as an architect and that space being utilised by others gives you a feeling of immense happiness and joy."
SAA is a leader in architecture and design institutes and has earned a reputation for rolling out the best professionals in the world. It is synonymous with excellence for its strategic guidance, industrial visits, experiential learning, practical methodologies, field training, case studies and erudite faculty whose performativity dimensions of built environments and re-articulating objectives physically and psychologically deeply interested me throughout my 5 years of studies. The deeply engaging courses helped me transition into an innovative creator.
SSAA has made best efforts to provide us with best facilities in terms of 3D printing, laser cutting, design printing, massive library, etc. The biggest ‘pro’ point for me was the thorough involvement of the experienced professionals in our projects while evaluating our proposals in crits; our classmates, seniors and friends became our colleagues and it was a complete investment in my career.