Areas of Research
Faculty and Researchers work closely combining research interests and expertise.
An overview of our key research areas:
Publications in National/International Journals by SET Faculty
- Design and Analysis of DRA, Reconfigurable DRA, Log Periodic Antenna, Computational Electromagnetics, Optical Fiber communication.
- Design and Simulation of Lasing Nano Heterostructures, Arduino based Robotic Applications, Digital Signal Processing.
- Speech development in children with special needs, feature reduction of large datasets, malware analysis using data mining .
- Accident Analysis, Road Safety Audit, Non-motorized Transport, Transport Modeling, Safer Roads Design for Intercity Highways and Urban Roads, Road Safety Management Plan, Blackspot Investigation
- Spatial Databases/ Databases, Data Science & Analytics, Information hiding and Security related issues, Image processing
- Lipid Membranes, Nanoparticle-Lipid Interactions, Lipid-Peptide/Protein Interactions, Lipid Rafts, Drug Delivery
- Renewable Energy Systems, Power system
- Synthesis of nanomaterials, Fabrication of nanocomposites, Modification of nanomaterial properties using energetic ion beams, Characterization of nanoscale materials, renewable energy production and storage.
At the School of engineering and technology, faculty as well as scholars are actively engaged in research and technological development in various areas. The database of their publications is available here.
- "Effect of gold nanoparticles incorporation on lateral organization of model biomembranes"sanctioned by DST-SERB (ongoing).
- DST-WOS funded project – Cancer detection using classification Techniques (ongoing).
- DST-WOS funded project – Delineation of QRS complex in ECG signal (ongoing).
- Development and Implementation of Village Information System (VIS), Rohat Village district Sonepat (Haryana).
- “Optimum Route Planning & Mapping for Sonepat Transportation Department”, Government of Haryana.
- “Gurgaon Pre paid auto services route plan for Gurgaon city” Government of Haryana.
Faculty members from School of Engineering and Technology have completed online FDP programmes offered through Nptel-Swayam according to their interest and finally obtained the certificates. Some of the members came out as Gold/Silver medalists and Elite certificate holders.
Dr. Arti Vaish, Associate Professor- Electronics and Communication Engineering, has Published two Patents:
a. “System of Agriculture Robot for Automatic Spraying Seeding, Harvesting and Monitoring Crop” Intellectual Property India, Office of the Controller General of Patents, Design and Trade Marks, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. [Patent Publication Number-52/2019, Patent Application Number- 201911052742 Publication Date-27.12.2019
b.“Refrigeration System of Clay Cool Chamber Using Solar Energy” Intellectual Property India, Office of the Controller General of Patents, Design and Trade Marks, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. [Patent Publication Number-52/2019, Patent Application Number- 201911053846 Publication Date-27.12.2019.
Dr. Arti Vaish BEING NOMINATED AS A BIOGRAPHICAL CANDIDATE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE 2018-2020 EDITION OF WHO’S WHO IN AMERICA,a well-respected biographical resource featuring America’s most accomplished individuals since 1899.
Dr. Arti Vaish received funds from Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) for conducting Entrepreneurship awareness camp (EAC), November, 2019.
Dr. Monika Khurana, Associate Professor- Applied Sciences, obtained fast-track grant for young investigators, DST 2015-2018.
Dr. Arti Vaish, Associate Professor- Electronic and communication Engineering, has been nominated as a biographical candidate to be included in the 2018 edition of who’s who in America.
Dr. Neha Gupta, Assistant Professor- Electrical and Electronics Engineering, has registered a Patent with Indian Ministry of patents and published in an Indian Journal of Patents.
Ms Pramneet Kaur Assistant Professor (CSE) wrote a paper titled”A Novel technique of DWT based Image Steganogra-phy using Fuzzy logic” which was selected and got published in International Journal of Arts & Sciences’ (IJAS) for American Canadian Conference for Engineering and Technology which was held at McGill University, Montreal (30 May to 2 June 2018) and Ryerson University’s Toronto (5 to 8 June 2018)
Ms. Alpana Jijja , Dr. Mamta Dhaiya , Dr. Rewa sharma , Mr Goutam data and Ms. Sherry Verma Attended leading India workshop on"AI and Deep learning skilling and Research "from June5-June7 2018 in Bennett University (greater Noida) which aims to impart training on Artificial Intelligent Technol-ogies.
Dr. Isha Saini, Assistant Professor Physics at AU attended one week short term course on organic photovoltaics and electronics technology organized by flexible organic energy devices section at CSIR- National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi from 6th August to 10th August, 2018. This programme is an initiative to train the researchers working in the field of Photovoltaics technology.
Dr. Isha Saini, Assistant Professor Physics @ AU obtained DST-SERB international travel fellowship to attend Joint European Summer School on fuel cell, electrolyzer and battery technologies jointly organized by University of Birmingham, Technical university of Denmark and Julich Research Centre, in Athens, Greece from 10th September to 14th September, 2018.