Name: Prof (Dr). Sudipto Sarkar
Qualification: B.E. – REC Durgapur,
MTech (H) – IIT (BHU) Varanasi
PhD – IIT Kanpur
Position: Dean of School Engineering and Technology
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sudipto Sarkar is the Dean of School of Engineering & Technology, Sushant University. He has done his engineering from REC Durgapur (Presently NIT Durgapur) in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech. with Honours from IIT(BHU) Varanasi in Heat Power Specialization (Mechanical Engineering Branch) and Doctorate from IIT Kanpur in Computational Fluid Dynamics (Mechanical Engineering). He has a total of 18 years of teaching and research experiences among which last 12 years he is working in Academic Leadership positions.
Prior to joining Sushant University, he worked as a Professor & Dean, NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur. He also served as Division Chair of Thermal and Automobile, Mechanical Engineering Department, Galgotias University and as HOD - Mechanical Engineering Department in G. L. Bajaj Institute of Tech. & Mgmt. He has published a good number of research papers in international and national journals and conferences. Dr. Sarkar has also supervised 3 PhD & 8 M.Tech. students and guided many B.Tech. Projects. He has published three patents in Indian Patent Office – Delhi on environmental issues in NCR region. In 2018 he has conferred the Leading Educationist of India Award by DK International Research Foundation.
Dr. Sarkar has successfully completed prestigious AICTE UKIERI Technical Leadership Development Program for the AY 2019-20 which was a joint initiative by India and UK governments to develop future leaders in Technical Education field. His vision is to excel the Nation’s Private Technical Education as per the Global standard.
Research Areas: Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Fluid-Solid Interactions, Separation and separation control of boundary layer, Heat Transfer, Immersed Boundary Method, Grid generation for Complex Boundaries, Transition and Turbulence, Large Eddy Simulations (LES), Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS), Turbomachinery, IC Engine Simulation, Non-Newtonian Fluid Flow.
Affiliations, Achievements and Accolades:
Recipient of various awards & honor including
- Successfully completed all three Workshops of AICTE-UKIERI ‘Technical Leadership Development Program’ for the AY 2019-2020, a joint initiative by India & UK Governments to train Technical Institute leaders for future.
- Recently became eligible for CMI Level 5 Certification, the most coveted certificate in UK for Excellence in Leadership & Management which is accepted globally.
- Invited as a Speaker of 16th World Education Summit in Hyderabad scheduled on 21-22 February 2020 to give lecture on ‘Professional education & discovery learning: Integral parts of higher education’.
- Awarded Leading Educationist of India by D K International Research Foundation on 30th December, 2018.
- Awarded Registration fee ($650) from GU to publish three papers in AJK 2015-FED Conference, Seoul, South Korea, July 27-31, 2015.
- Recognized PhD Supervisor in UPTU (now AKTU) from April, 2011 in Fluid and Thermal division.
- Awarded travel allowance and registration fee from IIT Kanpur to attend ICFD–07 Conference, Reading University, U.K., 2007.
- MHRD Scholarship during M. Tech. and PhD
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Member of International Academy for Science and Technology Education and Research (IASTER).
Research/ Project work carried out
- Wake-wake interactions problem for a pair of square cylinder.
- Wake-boundary layer interactions when a square cylinder is placed at different gapratios from a flat plate.
- Control of boundary layer separation using a downstream splitter plate which is placed at different vertical and horizontal positions.
- Vortex control by a vertical splitter plate placed upstream a cylinder in non-Newtonian fluid flow (both pseudoplastic and dilatant)
- Vortex control of a square cylinder by a downstream splitter plate in pseudoplastic fluid flow.
- Flow simulation of non-Newtonian liquid metals passing through a channel with obstruction.
- Comparison of experimental, theoretical and numerical Measurement of pin fin surface temperature distributions.
- Aerodynamic modification of Maruti Ritz car rear view model using reverse engineering.
- Presently writing an algorithm and related program in FORTRAN 95 to simulate SI engine combustion for a real engine using any combustible fuel.
- Working on building ‘Smog Reducing Apparatus’ to reduce air pollution in NCR region. We filed patent for the same. (Patent number 201711043579 dated 05-12-2017).
- Adil Wazeer, Viswas Nagrath, Kaushalendra Kumar Dubey & Sudipto Sarkar, 2019, Performance Analysis of Isentropic Fluid Based Vapour Compression Refrigeration in Different Weather Conditions in Northern India, Journal of Asian Energy Studies, Volume 3, Issue 1, Article 1
- Rishav Kumar Mishra, Abhinav Gupta, Shubham Verma & Sudipto Sarkar, 2017, Measurement of Temperature Distributions on a Fin Surface by Analytical, Experimental and Numerical Methods, International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 136-144.
- Subham Jain, Shubham Sharma & Sudipto Sarkar, 2016, Drag reduction of a circular cylinder by an upstream splitter plate, Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp. 378-383.
- Smriti Srivastava & Sudipto Sarkar, 2016, Control of vortex shedding by a short asymmetrically located downstream splitter plate, Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp. 384-389.
- Nidhi, Sudipto Sarkar & Anamika Paul, 2016, Vortex control by a vertical splitter plate placed upstream of a square cylinder in non-Newtonian flow, Journal of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp. 43-48.
- Babli Varsha, Sudipto Sarkar & Anamika Paul, 2016, Pseudoplastic fluid flow around a square cylinder with a downstream splitter plate, Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 11, pp. 1004-1009.
- Smriti Srivastava and Sudipto Sarkar, 2015, Wake interaction of a square cylinder with a long splitter plate boundary layer at a low Reynolds number, AJK 2015- FED, Seoul, South Korea.
- Arti Pal and Sudipto Sarkar, 2015, Wake-Boundary Layer Interactions behind a Square Cylinder for a Reynolds number in Periodic Vortex Shedding Regime, AJK 2015- FED, Seoul, South Korea.
- Mohd. Raees and Sudipto Sarkar, 2015, Wake-wake interactions for a pair of staggered cylinders at a low Reynolds Number (Re = 100), AJK 2015- FED, Seoul, South Korea.
- Subham Jain, Shubham Sharma & Sudipto Sarkar, 2015, Low Reynolds number flow over a square cylinder in vicinity of a downstream splitter plate, Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering, Issue 13, Volume 2, pp. 77-81.
- Saif Imam, Ashok Tripathi & Sudipto Sarkar, 2012, Lean Sigma- Not just a whim. It is here to Stay, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering (A), Vol. 12, Issue 1, pp. 51-59.
- Saif Imam, Ashok Tripathi & Sudipto Sarkar, 2012, Lean Sigma A Road to Success: A Perspective of the Indian Automobile Industry, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering (J), Vol. 12, Issue 1, Version 1, pp. 23-28.
- Prabhat Ranjan and Sudipto Sarkar, 2012, Numerical & Experimental Investigations of Multiphase Flow, CAFÉ 2012, Greater Noida, India.
- Prabhat Ranjan and Sudipto Sarkar, 2012, Effect of Inclination on Air-Water Two Phase Flow Pattern, NCFMFP-2012, Surat, India.
- Sudipto Sarkar & S. Sarkar, 2010, Simulation of vortex dynamics in a cylinder wake by the immersed boundary technique, Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 129-145.
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2010, Vortex dynamics of a cylinder wake in proximity to a wall, Journal of Fluids and Structures, Vol. 26, Issue 1, pp. 19-40.
- Sudipto Sarkar & S. Sarkar, 2010, Vortex dynamics of a Circular and an Elliptic Cylinder in the Presence of a Wall, 16th ISME conference on “Mechanical Engineering for sustainable development”, IIT Delhi.
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2010, LES of Flow Past Two Circular Cylinders in Staggered, Tandem and Side-by-Side Arrangements, ACFD-2010, Hong Kong.
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2009, Large eddy simulations of wake and boundary layer interactions behind a circular cylinder, ASME Journal of Fluid Engineering, Vol. 131, 041016 (14 pages).
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2009, LES of Flow over Circular and Elliptic Cylinder in Proximity of Wall, TSFP-6, Seoul, South Korea.
- Sudipto Sarkar & S. Sarkar, 2009, Ground Effect of a Circular and an Elliptic Cylinder in the Vicinity of a Flat Plate, FMFP 2009, Pune, India.
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2008, Wake and Boundary Layer Interactions as Shape Changes from a Circular to an Elliptic cylinder, FMFP 2008, Bangalore, India.
- Sudipto Sarkar & S. Sarkar, 2007, Immersed Boundary Method for Simulating Complex Flows; ICFD – 07, Reading University, U.K.
- Sudipto Sarkar & S. Sarkar, 2007, Simulation of Flow over a Circular Cylinder for a Wide Range of Reynolds Number using Immersed Boundary Technique; NCRSME – 07, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
- S. Sarkar & Sudipto Sarkar, 2007, Large-Eddy Simulations of Cylinder-Boundary Layer Interactions; ACFD-2007, IISc Bangalore, Bangalore, India.