- Name Dr. Monika Khurana
- Qualification Postdoc (Emory University, GA, USA) & Dr. rer. nat. (Dortmund University, Germany)
- Department School of Engineering & Technology
- Position Associate Professor and PhD Programme Coordinator – AU
- Email email@example.com
Recipient of Max-Planck Gesellschaft scholarship for PhD in Germany & Post-doctorate fellowship from Emory University, USA, Dr. Monika Khurana is committed to excellence in learning & teaching. Her mission is not to impart what is known, but to expand frontiers of knowledge by providing free, open & hands on experience to her young students.
Experience: 12 Years
Courses taught: UG/PG level: Engineering Chemistry, General Chemistry and Environmental Sciences
PhD level - Literature Review
Completed a project as PI entitled “Effect of Gold Nanoparticles Incorporation on Lateral Organization of Model Biomembranes” sanctioned and approved by DST-SERB.
- Structure, Dynamics and Phase Behaviour of Model Biomembrane Systems
- Solid Supported Biomembranes
- Lipid-Peptide/Protein Interactions
- Biophysical characterization of Lipid Systems and Lipid Rafts
- Interactions of Gold Nanoparticle with Lipid Membranes
Contribution to profession
- Ph.D. Programme Coordinator
- Chief Editor for International Conference on Smart Cities held from March 8-9, 2019 at Ansal University.
- Guest Editor of Smart and Sustainable Built Environment Journal, Emerald Publishing.
- Project incharge of the research project entitled "Effect of gold nanoparticles incorporation on lateral organization of model biomembranes" sanctioned by DST-SERB.
- Faculty in charge-Chemistry Lab
- Member of Examination Disciplinary Committee
- Member of Ethical committee
- Member of Board of Studies (BOS)
- Member of School Research Committee (SRC)
- Set up of Biophysical Research Lab at Innovation Centre of Ansal University.
- Curriculum Development
- Organizing Secretary for International Conference in Nanotechnology (ICNANO 2013)
- Faculty Colloquium Coordinator, AIT
- Faculty in charge - Library, AIT
- Member of Departmental Research Committee (DRC), AIT
Awards and Honours
- FAST track grant for Young Investigators, DST (2015-2018)
- Post-Doctorate Research Fellowship Emory University, Atlanta, GA USA (2006-2007)
- Doctoral Research Fellowship Max-Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund,Germany (2003-2006)
- Temperature and pressure effects on structural and conformational properties of POPC/SM/Chol model raft mixtures – a FT-IR, SAXS, DSC, PPC and Laurdan fluorescence spectroscopy study. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta – Biomembranes, 2006, 1758, 248-258.SCI Indexed, Impact Factor – 3.4, citations - 71
- Pressure Perturbation and Differential Scanning Calorimetric Studies of Bipolar Tetraether Liposomes Derived from the Thermoacidophilic Archaeon Sulfolobus Acidocaldarius.
Biophysical Journal, 2005, 89, 1841-1849.
SCI Indexed, Impact Factor – 3.6, citations - 34
- Solid State Structural and Solution Studies on the Formation of a Flexible Cavity for Anions by Copper (I) and 1,2-bis(diphenylphosphino)ethane.
Polyhedron, 2002, 21, 2433-2443.
SCI Indexed, Impact Factor – 2.3, citations – 23
Faculty Development Programmes (AICTE Approved – NPTEL)
- Non-Conventional Energy Resources
- Introduction to Research
- Academic Writing (July – October 2019 with score of 96%) - Swayam
- Introduction to Research (July – October 2019 with Silver Medal) - NPTEL
- Non-Conventional Energy Resources (January – April 2019 with Silver Medal)- NPTEL
- Workshop on e-Learning to e-Training: A Comprehensive Guide for all your Administrative Work (25th May – 5th June 2020) – University of Delhi
- Induction Training/Orientation Programme for Faculty in Universities/Colleges/Institutes of Higher Education (4th June – 1st July 2020) – University of Delhi