Name : Dr. Suruchi Modi
Profile/Designation : Senior Professor
Education : B.Arch (Sushant School of Art & Architecture, GGSIPU - 2001); M.Arch (Urban Design) (Centre for environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad - 2004); M.Arch (Sustainable Tall Buildings) (School of Built Environment, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom - 2011); Ph.D. in Architecture (School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi - 2021)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Suruchi Modi is an architect and urban designer from CEPT University with a specialization in Tall Building Design from the University of Nottingham UK. She has completed her Ph.D. titled, “Evaluating the Social Spaces in Residential High Rises for Children”, from School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi.
She has been associated with Sushant University for more than 10 years and is presently a Senior Professor in the Master of Architecture (Urban Design) Programme. She runs the Participatory Urban Design Studio engaging with various stakeholders to address real time challenges in the city and has been invited to present about the same at various platforms. She has been awarded for her project, “Revival of mixed land use concept as a tool to develop a sustainable city model”, at CEPT University in 2004 and is also an international award winner of the “Passivehaus skyscraper design for New York City” in 2011, felicitated at Prague.
She has worked with international offices like GDA Architects and Planners, Texas and Studio U+A, Gurgaon. Her work aims to extend the realm of sustainability to the real estate driven high-rise development of our cities today bringing forth the more appropriate concepts & technologies for tall buildings.
Vertical Urbanism, Tall Building Design, Child Friendly Urbanism.
Articles in Journals and Chapters
1. 23rd to 25th July 2020, Sushant PhD Colloquium in Architecture, Planning & Design
2. March 2012, Revolution by Design, International Conference at Ansal University
1. Oct 2017 - Public Participatory Workshops at Wards 6, 18, 28, 29, 33 & 34 Gurugram
2. Oct 2018 - Public Participatory Workshops at Wards 5S, 6S, 7S, 11S & 13S, Shivaji Marg, New Delhi
3. Oct 2019 - Public Participatory Workshops at Lajpat Nagar I, II, III & IV, New Delhi
1. 28th Nov - 02 Dec 2022, Effective Teaching Methodology in Architecture, Oxford School of Architecture and CoA
2. 02-06 May 2022, SDG 4'S - Targets for Teaching and Learning in Architecture, Sushant University and CoA
Awards and Achievements (including Scholarship)
Affiliations and Memberships