Sushant University provides world-class on-campus hostels on a triple-sharing basis for girl and boy students separately. There are six floors with elevators. There is a meeting room for parents, common room for indoor games and recreational activities and a well equipped gymnasium. The hostels provide excellent living conditions including 24-hour security, 24-hour power back up, adequate water supply, safe drinking water, hygienic food, sports and fitness facilities and a good ambience. The code of conduct is shared with the future residents at the time of admission.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
- Students admitted to the hostel are assumed to be ladies/gentlemen, and of sufficient maturity to enable them to live in an adult environment. Such living involves full respect for the rights of others; a regard for self-discipline and a high standard of honesty and moral conduct. These regulations are framed not to restrict the conduct of individuals but to ensure that a large student body live and work harmoniously together with minimum of friction and misunderstanding.
- All hostel residents shall strictly adhere to the mess and other timings of the hostel as may be prescribed from time to time. All Hostel residents are required to return to campus latest by 8:00 pm. In special circumstances where a student is required to return later than the prescribed time, due to some academic work, he/she is required to submit written authorization from his HOD/Dean, mentioning the specific time limits for which the student is to be permitted. Hostel residents are required to return to the hostel by 8:45 pm.
- All hostel residents are expected to be in their rooms after 10:00 pm.
- All students should be carrying their hostel and AU ID at all times.
- It is obligatory for every hostel resident to provide 24 hour prior information to the Warden for leaving hostel for overnight stay at his/her parents place or local guardian authorized by the parents. If any hostel resident provides false information about his/her night stay (leave), it will be considered as a severe indisciplinary act, which may result into penal action.
- Students are required to submit the hostel leave form if they wish to go on leave one day before leaving at the time of attendance to prefect.
- Every hostel resident while proceeding on leave or coming back from leave is required to enter his/her time of entry/exit in the register maintained by the Hostel Caretaker for the purpose.
- Any association, active or passive, by any hostel resident with any unlawful organization, possession and/or consumption of alcoholic drinks, drugs, or any other intoxicant by whatsoever name, smoking or possession of any kind of ammunition or weapon of assault or fire-arm or any other illegal possession are strictly prohibited within the hostel premises. They can not even come to the hostel after consuming any of the prohibited things. If any hostel resident is found/reported in possession of/usage of any of the items mentioned above by the university authorities or local authorities like civil administration/police, the concerned student will be held responsible and may be rusticated from the hostel as well as from the university. The student may be taken to the hospital for the appropriate tests to be carried out to detect such substance on the cost of the student. The student accepts to be tested on the hostel premises for alcohol with a portable device.
- All students will cooperate with the systematic check of every luggage, bags, hand bags, shopping bags, laundry, parcels, deliveries etc…while entering and leaving the hostel premises, any illegal or unauthorized items will be immediately seized and the offender presented to the authorities or the disciplinary committee according to the gravity of the offence
- Regular checking of the rooms by hostel authorities is routine procedure and residents are expected to cooperate in this. In case of any doubt or otherwise room may be opened in the absence of the residents by the hostel authorities.
- If any student indulges in any act of indiscipline in the hostel, the designated Hostel disciplinary committee will take appropriate penal measures. If a student is expelled from the hostel due to any reason his hostel security and hostel fee may be forfeited.
- Ragging, canvassing and/or harassment of any kind to other students by whatsoever names are strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against defaulters. Supreme Court guidelines on ragging will be applicable.
- No hostel resident is permitted to use music systems & speakers etc. in their rooms. Students found/reported using such items in the room may be charged a financial penalty of min Rs. 500/- and the objectionable appliance may be confiscated.
- Residents may keep hot air blowers, in their rooms. However, the residents are advised to use the electrical appliances carefully. If there is any damage found/occurred in the room because of these appliances, the student will be charged a financial penalty of Rs 500/- and they will also have to bear the cost of damage.
- A sanctioned load of 400 units will be allotted to every rooms, any consumption over and above will be charged to the students of the concerned room @ the tariff rates below.
- Hanging of clothes in the balcony is not allowed on week days. If found, a fine of Rs 100/- may be charged. However, the residents may use the balcony on Saturdays/ Sundays and holidays to dry the clothes.
- In case of damage to any building, furniture or other hostel property, the cost of repairing and/or replacement along with appropriate penalty/fine (a stringent deterrent) will be charged from the student(s) known to be immediately responsible. But, if the person(s) causing the damage is unidentifiable, the cost and penalty shall be recovered equally from all the residents of the hostel in the form of common fine.
- Any hostel resident who is suffering from a communicable disease which requires constant medical attention shall vacate the hostel unconditionally immediately on having knowledge of disease/ailment.
- University is not obliged to take the student to the hospital. However, in emergency cases, help may be provided to the students to reach to the hospital.
- In case of any emergency, the University will try to contact the parent/local guardian of the hostel resident to take their view. In case, due to any reason, the guardian could not be contacted, then the decision taken by the University will be acceptable to the parents/guardians. All expenses related to treatment will be borne by the parent / guardian. Students are required to provide information if they have been suffereing from any particular medical problems/allergy with any medicine. This information must be provided on the Hostel enrollment form at the time of admission.
- The students may be allowed to keep their vehicles in the hostels. The permission is purely at the discretion of the security officer after recommendation from the respective warden. However, movement of vehicles is not allowed in the campus from 9 am to 5 pm, except on non-teaching days, keys should be deposited with the hostel’s guard during the said hours
- Request for room allocation with specific location or partners cannot be guaranteed; nevertheless, efforts will be made to meet the desired request.
- Students are strongly recommended not to keep valuables with them in the room and should lock respective cupboards all the time as a precaution. Room should always be kept locked when not in use. University will not be responsible for the personal belongings.
- The warden may, at his / her discretion, may appoint one or more student prefects to serve as a coordinating link between the Hostel Warden and the residents.
- No hostel resident is permitted to invite or entertain any visitor specifically day scholars inside the hostel. Hostel residents can meet their parents in the Meeting Room. In emergencies, parents may contact the warden for meeting their wards in the hostel room.
- No female visitor(s) are allowed entry into the boy’s hostel. Similarly, no male visitor(s) are allowed entry into girl’s hostel.
- No food delivery is allowed inside the hostel from outside after 9.00 PM.
- Possession of ID card is mandatory and all services would be given on ID card being shown. In case of losing hostel ID card, a fine of Rs 500/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate hostel ID card.
- Hostel residents are expected to be in their respective schools from 9 AM to 5 PM. They should not be sitting idle in the hostels. It is mandatory for the hostel residents to have at least 75% attendance, hostel allotment in next session may be denied if it is less than it. This condition is in addition to paying the fee by due date.
- Residents shall vacate the hostels within 2 days from the end of the final examinations, unless specific permission from the hostel warden is obtained for extension. Cloakroom facility may be granted to the residents who wish to rejoin from next semester. University will not be responsible for any items kept in cloak room.
- Each student shall be responsible for the furniture and the electrical fittings provided in his/her room while vacating the hostel. Each resident should get his/her room checked, for furniture/fittings & fixtures etc, by the Warden /Caretaker.
- While vacating the Hostel Room, the resident must ensure that bills of all services availed by him, in his personal capacity, are duly paid for speedy settlement of their security money. No dues clearance on the prescribed format is essential.
- Hostel in next session will be given to those residents only who have shown good conduct in the previous session, in addition to other conditions.
- Any student with a blemish record will be refused a bed in hostel.
Violation of any of the rules stated above, or as may be framed subsequently, shall invite strict disciplinary action.
- The hostel will be allotted for one full academic session (10 months) and fee would be charged in advance.
- No student will be allowed to withdraw from the hostel during the session. If any student opts to withdraw, he/she may be allowed to do so subject to the following conditions:
Admission withdrawn from the Hostel Refund Amount
- Before commencement of the session 100% of the total annual hostel fees + security deposit.
- Within one month of commencement 75% of the total annual hostel fees + security deposit
- After one month of commencement Security deposit + Rebate @ Rs. 5,200 pm for remaining months excluding the month of withdrawal.
- Every resident will have to vacate the hostel within two days from the completion of the session/examination. He/she will not have any claim on allotment of hostel for the next year or retaining the same seat/room in the next year or retaining the same seat/room in the next year.
- The students who stay in the hostel for one full session and are interested in continuing for next session also, they will have to get re-registered for next session by paying Rs. 20,000/-. Such re-registration shall normally take place in the month of April. If a student doesn’t avail hostel facility after getting himself re-registered, his deposit of Rs. 20,000/- will be forfeited. In case of his/her joining in the next session on the basis of this registration, this amount of Rs. 20,000/- will be adjusted towards the hostel fee. It may be noted that allotment of hostel at the time of start of the next session should not be taken for granted. The request of hostel allotment at that time may or may not be accepted depending upon the availability of accommodation or on the basis of management discretion.
- Those students who do not get themselves re-registered for the next session may be allotted accommodation in the session purely on the discretion of the management.
- Students who join hostel in between the session will pay full rent for the remaining months including the month of joining.
- In case of any pending dues an amount of Rs. 50/- per day would be charged as fine.
- All decisions of the management of AU regarding meals or any other issue will be final.
- Students will be provided good quality meals with no restriction on quantity, except for the non-vegetarian dish (200 Gms. Cooked Weight), sweets/fruits (standard size) and snacks / biscuits for evening tea, which will be served in specified quantity only.
- Non-vegetarian dishes shall be provided twice a week. Accordingly, corresponding vegetarian dish will be provided in-lieu of non-vegetarian dish exclusively for vegetarians. A person taking special vegetarian dish will not be allowed to take Non-vegetarian dish & vice–versa.
- Guests (Parents/Guardian) are required to pay for their meals directly in the mess as per applicable rates.
- Menu has to be finalized on two-week basis in the mess committee meeting to be convened on alternate Friday. Mess committee will comprise of (a) Wardens (b) Contractor or authorized representative of the contractor (c) Prefects from both hostels (d) One additional boy / girl from each hostel.
- Menu is to be displayed on the notice boards of both the hostels. The menu will be strictly followed. The contractor, the Wardens and both prefects will mutually resolve any change in the menu due to unavoidable reasons well in advance.
- No hostel student is permitted to take/have his/her meal(s) in the hostel premises/room(s). Only under very exceptional circumstances, and for very genuine reason(s) if a student is not in a position to go for his/her meals to the dinning hall; necessary permission shall be taken from the Warden by the student to get his/her meal(s) to the room.
- Packed lunch may be provided by the contractor to the student(s) engaged in an activity authorized by the University, after due permission from the Wardens.
- Student staying in the hostel will have meals in the dinning/common room of the hostels.
- Each hostel resident will be provided a room on triple sharing basis with attached washroom furnished with necessary fixtures. Following items will be provided to each resident:
a) Cupboard with keys b) computer table with rack c) chair d) Bed with mattress e) Key for room lock
- A lock will be provided by the University and a key given to all student of a room against a deposit of Rs. 100, a duplicate will be given to security, a second duplicate will remain with the hostel authorities for purpose of housekeeping and random checking.
- Under no circumstances can any students of any rooms replace the official lock by any other devices, the hostel authorities reserve the right to open or break such devices
- Housekeeping (sweeping, mopping & cleaning) facilities shall be provided without any extra charge, housekeeping services will be provided in two slots, 10 am to 1 pm and 3 to 5 pm during these timings all students must be out of their respective rooms. No housekeeping will be provided in rooms where items are on the floor hence preventing adequate cleaning
- A common/dinning room with TV, newspapers and magazines shall be provided in each hostel. Hostel inmates can use Outdoors games facilities like Basket Ball, and volleyball on campus.
- Geyser will be provided in each washroom and water cooler with RO will be provided on alternate floors, geyser will only be provided from 1st November to 31st March.
- Air conditioning service will be provided from 1st April to 30th October, Keep in mind the limit of 400 units per room and per month, any units above will be charged as per table above.
- A sanctioned load of 400 units will be allotted to every rooms, any consumption over and above will be charged to the students of the concerned room @ the tariff rates above.
The load is on monthly basis it cannot be cumulated or any balance carried forward.
- 24 hours security shall be provided at both the hostels.
- Local laundry facilities may be available. This has to be done under own arrangements.
- Doctor is available for free consultation at the University medical room as per timings displayed on hostel notice board.
- Limited Internet facility will be provided at no extra cost.
- Lift facility is available in the hostels, lift to be shut down after 10 pm in both hostels
- A check list will be established for all rooms, at the time of leaving the hostel the students will hand over their rooms in the state and condition they found it in, any degradations or breakage to the room will be at the financial charge to the students.