- Name Dr. Isha Saini
- Qualification M.Sc, MPhil, PhD
- Department Applied Science Department
- Profile Assistant Professor
- Email email@example.com
A Doctorate in Physics, Ms. Isha Saini is working as an Assistant professor at Ansal University, Gurgaon and has a notable meritorious academic background. She has an experience of more than 6 years of teaching UG and PG courses. She has completed her Ph.D and M.Phil degree from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. She had received UGC-Basic scientific research fellowship for meritorious students during her Ph.D. She has presented several papers in numerous conferences and has received best poster award also. There are many research publications in the refereed national and international journals to her credit. Her area of specialization includes synthesis and characterization of nano scale materials and glass & polymer based nanocomposites, materials for energy applications and has attended numerous workshops and schools in India and abroad.
Work experience: 6+ years
Courses Taught: Engineering Physics, Nanoelectronics, Quantum mechanics, Atomic & molecular Physics, Statistical Physics, Nuclear Physics, Material Science
Research Areas: Synthesis of nanomaterials using physical and chemical methods, Fabrication of glass and polymer based nanocomposites, Modification of nanomaterial properties using energetic ion beams, Characterization of nanoscale materials, Energy based applications.
Affiliations, Achievements and Accolades:
- University Grants Commission (UGC) - Basic scientific research fellowship for meritorious students (2013-2015).
- Won best poster in a conference on Recent Advances in Material Science, 2012.
- Awarded the grant to attend a “PhD School on nanobeams” organized by CRP-Lippmann, Luxembourg, Europe November 2014.
- Awarded a grant to attend winter school on “Frontiers in material science” held at Jawaharlal Nehru centre for advanced scientific research (JNCASR), Bangalore.
- Awarded DST-SERB international travel fellowship to attend a Joint European summer school-JESS-2018 at Athens, Greece.
- Elite certificate for NPTEL course on Solar Photovoltaics, 2019
- Neha Gupta, Isha Saini, “Renewable Eco Friendly Alternate Fuels” International Journal of technical innovation in modern engineering and science, 4 (2019) 117-123.
- Neha Gupta, Isha Saini, Gaurav Tiwari, Yash Sharma, Kapil Malik “Sustainable Smart Cities: Concept, Challenges and Realization” Journal of technical innovation in modern engineering and science, (2019).
- Isha Saini, Annu Sharma, Navneet Chandak, Sanjeev Aggarwal, Pawan K. Sharma “Ag nanoparticles induced modification in microhardness of polyvinyl alcohol” Advanced materials proceedings, 3, 8 (2018) 508-511.
- Isha Saini, Annu Sharma, Rajnish Dhiman, Sita Ram, Pawan K. Sharma “Structural and thermal characterization of polyvinylalcohol grafted SiC nanocrystals” Materials research express, 4 (2017) 075015.
- Isha Saini, Annu Sharma, Navneet Chandak, Rajnish Dhiman, Sanjeev Aggarwal, Pawan K. Sharma. “Functionalized SiC nanocrystals fortuning of optical, thermal, mechanical and electrical properties of polyvinyl alcohol”, Thin solid films, 628 (2017) 176–183.
- Isha Saini, Annu Sharma, Rajnish Dhiman, Sanjeev Aggarwal, Sita Ram, Pawan K. Sharma. “Grafted SiC nanocrystals: For enhanced optical, electrical and mechanical properties of polyvinyl alcohol”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 714 (2017) 172-180.
- "Workshop on Prospects for Start-ups in Solar Energy Technologies" held at National Institute of Solar Energies at Gurugram, July 2019
- “Joint European Summer School, JESS-2018” organized by University of Birmingham, Denmark Technical University and Julich Reseach Centre, Germany from 10th to 14th September, 2018 in Athens, Greece.
- “Short Term Course on Organic Photovoltaics & Electronics Technology” (OPET 2018) organized by flexible organic energy devices section CSIR-National Physical Laboratory from 6th - 10th August, 2018.
- “Winter school on frontiers in material science” organized by Jawaharlal nehru centre of advanced scientific research (JNCASR), Bangalore, from 5th to 9th December 2016.
- One week short term course on “Advanced materials and Characterization” organized by Department of Physics, NIT, Kurukshetra from 8th to12th June, 2015.
- “PhD School on nanobeams” organized by CRP-Lippmann, Luxembourg, Europe from 12th to 21st November 2014.
- Two days National Workshop on “Ion Beam Induced Growth and Engineering of Materials” organized by Department of Physics, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra from 11th to12th March, 2014.
- “IUAC School on thin films” organised by Inter-University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi from 11th to 13th December 2012.
- National workshop on “Advanced Characterization and simulation techniques” organized by Department of Physics, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra from 12th to 17th March, 2012.